Learn more about our Products
Hello Souldeliciouz Foodie Family!
In this video, we are showcasing all our products as well as showing you how to use one of them, which is our Souldeliciouz Authentic Nigerian Suya Spice Mix. This is a popular spice in the West of Africa especially in Nigeria where Street Food Traders would wow the crowds with the unique smells and taste of the Suya Spice on Chicken, Beef and Lamb Steaks.
Best used with Beef or Lamb but you can also use Chicken, Fish and Veggies. Marinate for as little as 1 hour to overnight, then cooked on a Charcoal grill or home oven just like in our other video of How to make Beef Suya!
Please click on our shop www.souldeliciouz.com/shop to purchase our Souldeliciouz Suya Spice. We ship Locally, Nationally and Worldwide!
We would appreciate if you can also share with us on our social media platforms Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @souldeliciouz of your amazing cooking once you have purchased the spice. Please DM us your photos/videos using our Souldeliciouz Suya Spice to receive 50% OFF your next purchase!
Have fun cooking!
- 1kg Chicken Thighs (We used boneless thighs in this video)
- 4 Tablespoons of Souldeliciouz Suya Spice
- 2 Chicken stock cubes or 2 teaspoon Chicken Bullion powder
- Sliced Onions, Tomatoes and Cucumbers to serve
Chicken Suya Cooking Method
Watch the video for demonstrations if you are cooking on a BBQ Grill. Scroll further down to the Tips and Suggestions for Grilling on a BBQ Grill.
When seasoning the chicken thighs, instead of adding oil to loosen the spice, add water instead. Chicken thighs have more fat and that will help the grilling process so no need to add oil. The water will help loosen the spice if too thick when rubbing into chicken.
- Preheat Oven to 200c or Gas Mark 6
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl
- Rub the Suya Spice, chicken stock cubes and water into the chicken. Leave for 1 hour or in a fridge overnight
- Place chicken thighs in a greased foiled oven tray and cook for 35 – 40 mins checking halfway through to flip the chicken over.
- Once chicken thighs are cooked and browned, remove from oven and sliced into smaller pieces.
- Serve your Chicken Suya with your onions, tomatoes and cucumber
Tips & Suggestions
- You can cook the chicken thighs on a BBQ Grill which will give you more of the authentic taste. Best results are on a Charcoal BBQ Grill.
- First place chicken thighs on the cooking area of the grill for a few minutes.
- Then move chicken thighs away from direct fire and close the grill for 20 mins to allow more internal cooking.
- The rest of the grilling can be done directly on the fire until chicken fully cooked, making sure to keep flipping chicken so it does not burn.
- Follow our video to see how we do it.
- Onions and tomatoes are usually the traditional way to enjoy Suya, but you can enjoy your Suya with any salad of your choice