To make the perfect curry goat is all in the Curry Spice. After purchasing your Souldeliciouz Curry Goat Spice you can watch the video below of how to cook authentic Jamaican curry goat.
Ingredients for Curry Goat
3lbs Goat meat/Mutton
6tsp Souldeliciouz Curry goat season
2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
3tbsp Sunflower oil
1 Medium red onion (chopped)
5 Springs fresh thyme (chopped)
2 Scotch bonnet peppers (chopped)
2 Cups chopped scallions/spring onions
1-2tbsp plain flour
1-2 cups of cold water
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 1-2 hours
*Curry goat cooks faster in a pressure cooker or Dutch pot*
Season goat meat with 3 tsp Souldeliciouz curry, salt and garlic. Leave for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat up oil in pot; add another 3 tsp Souldeliciouz curry to brown it as shown in video.
- Add the seasoned goat meat in the oil and continue to stir to so that all meat are evenly coated
- Add the thyme, chopped scotch bonnet peppers and chopped onion and stir them in
- Cover pot and allow to steam cook for 20 minutes for natural juice to form
- Add 1 cup of water if your meat does not form juice
- After 20 minutes, if your stock level is low add more water and allow to cook for a further 45 minutes or more. At least until the goat is very tender
- In a bowl, mix the plain flour with the cold water to form a fine paste
- Pour into the curry goat, if it gets too thick add more water to loosen
- Add chopped scallions/spring onions
- Taste and add more salt.
- Allow to cook until tender.
- Serve with white rice or rice and peas.
Rice n Peas
200g Red kidney beans (Soak for 3 hours or overnight)
4 Cups of rice
1 400g Tin coconut milk
1tbsp Brown sugar
1-2 tbsp Butter
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 45minutes
*It is much faster if you use a pressure cooker to cook beans*
- In a pressure cooker, pour enough water to cover beans half way of the pot
- Add salt and sugar. Cook for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes when beans are soft, add the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes
- Wash rice and add to the cooked beans
- Allow to steam cook for a further 20 minutes
- Add more salt and water if needed